Monday 5 May 2008

Istanbul!!!

Even if I'm a busy girl...I need a holiday sometimes so I went for a little break to Istanbul.
Great weather and wonderful moments shared with my P.
Usually I study carefully maps and travel guides before my hoidays. This time I hadn't the time so I studied the guide on the plane!!!
We were in a nice hotel in Sultanhamet, the old city so we visited the Blue Mosque.
It's so huge and striking especially at night when all the lights are on.
Aya Sophia is a big museum now but in the past was a basilica and then a mosque.
We spent a day inside Topkapi palace. It's strange to think that still at the beginning of the last century there were a Sultan living there and concubines and eunuchs. Fantastic treasures like a big diamond and the famous dagger with diamonds and emeralds.
Then a walk along the Bosphorus,
the fish market and an afternoon in the Bazar. You can get lost if you don't have a map.

Then kebab, pistachio and honey sweets, ottoman recipe, çai, turkish tea, pomegranate juice, simit.
4 days aren't enough for Istanbul, but very good for start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. How nice to be able to get away. I'd love to go to Turkey one day.

Paz

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope you're having a nice summer.

Paz