Monday 26 November 2007

About birthdays, presents and...sauce.

I had a great weekend!
On Saturday it was my birthday. My P. gave me a fantastic bracelet ( from the shop where all the girls would like to have breakfast!) and we had dinner in a resturant located in Central Rome, near the Synagogue. The food was delicious with typical recipes jewish and romans. If you happen to come in Rome, I suggest you to go there. I ate so much and I drunk a superb Novello!
Yesterday I celebrated again my birthday with my girlfriends. We went out for shopping but we preferred to relax in a tea room drinking some hot chocolate.
I have no ideas for the Christmas presents and I hate to go shopping the day before Christmas!

A few days ago I made a very tasty sauce!I like ti use it especially with meat or on bruschetta bread!


Battuto
10 dry tomatoes, 20 green stoned olives, 20 black stoned olives, 1/2 red onion in slices, 2 tbsp of e.v.o. oil, 1 tbsp of red pepper (grounded).


Put all the ingredients in the blender for 30 minutes. Pour the sauce in a little pot and warm it at low flame, whisking slowly.
Italian Version here!

5 comments:

Mya said...

I am sooo jealous! A bracelet from McDonalds!?? No, I'm joking. I really am jealous. The nearest I've ever got to receiving anything from Tiffany's was....well...never, actually. That's a bit sad.

Mya x

Saffron said...

Mya, I'm still laughing for the...McDonalds bracelet!
Baci

Freya said...

Happy (late) Birthday wishes from England!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! XX

Saffron said...

Thanks Freya!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh sounds wonderful! You lucky lady! (Mi piace molto la cucina ebraia, in Pologna ho mangiato troppo!)
Buon compleanno!
Baci x