Saturday 8 September 2007

The perfect Fish and Chips. “The Ashvale Fish Restaurant”.


When in Aberdeen, the first place we wento to was "Ashvale Fish Restaurant".
The time was perfect for a good lunch, maybe a bit late...3 p.m.
We knew this place for the mazing reviews I found in magazines and tour guides.
It seem that Mr. John M. Low opened this restaurant in 1985. His dream was to give Aberdeen, famous for his qaulity fish, the first traditional fish and chips restaurant.
He just wanted to buy daily fresh fish and cook it in a special batter recipe: good quality and right price.
He achieved his aim: the "Ashvale" has had a huge success since its opening and has been awarded for many years as the best fish and chips restaurant in Scotland.
I ordered the "Fisherman Feast" while P. chose "Haddock and chips"
Eating this fish was a great experience, the batter was very crunchy, not oliy nor smelly (typical when the ingredients are bad!). All perfect! We drunk Saint Andrew's beer. Unfortunately there wasn't any room left for my daily slice of cake! But it was worth it!

Ashavale Fish Restaurant
42- 48 Great Western Road
Aberdeen

Italian Version here!

8 comments:

Gattina Cheung said...

S, am I dreaming? Nessie..., plus ll these gorgeous fotos and good food!
I haven't been Scotland but only London... and I think I will love both places, and the fish!!! Just heard from what you described about the batter is what I'd fight for!
S, I'm burying under a pile of document (mainly about my temperary residency and such), hope things will sort out later and back to blogging *baci*

Anonymous said...

Darling, you have a daily slice of cake too! You see it is normal isn't it?
Thanks for the link by the way! Looking forward to getting to know your blog :)

Saffron said...

Gattina:
I'm so curious about your new life in Barcelona!
Miss Despina:
welcome to my blog! when i Scotland I used to have a slice cake every afternoon...what can I say? I love british chocolate cake!!;))

Princesse Ecossaise said...

hello! Thanks for the link :-D Ahhhh so great to see your pictures of Scotland and to hear about your trip here!! I agree with Despina, I'm looking forward to reading more about you :-)

Anonymous said...

How I missed fish n chips when I lived in Prague!
Boyfriend and I decided to celebrate our first night back with a takeaway curry - and he's still feeling the effects :( poor boy!

Saffron said...

Princesse E. :
welcome! Scotland was so perfect!
Despina:
poor guy! maybe he needs a plate of rice, olive oil and grated parmigiano. very good choice when you're sick!!

Mya said...

Hey Saffron, thanks for the link! Your lovely blog makes me feel very,very hungry. Fish and chips....oooooooooh. Now I'm really homesick.

Mya x

Anonymous said...

Saffron, now I am sick too! (Different reason.)
I'm going to try out your recipe now :)